Future Meetings

English forum for our friends who dont speak or write german.

Moderatoren: Andi, Krieger

Antworten
Gerry
Warrior (17)
Warrior (17)
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Future Meetings

Beitrag von Gerry »

I followed the discussion at the forum of RSWarriors.com and understand the problem. I also have to point out that the meetings started 2005 in Germany and we tried to search central places or switched between north and south so that the participants always had a chance for a closer place and did not have long distances every year. According to this policy we had one in Switzerland and one in England. Please do not forget that the majority of the participants are from Germany. We agreed on the northern sea for 2015 to make it closer for the Warriors from England, Holland and Scandinavia. (even Finland). The swiss Warriors did not protest- they go everywhere - but we might get less participants from Hungary in 2015. To honor the efforts of the hungarian Warriors I already promised Balloo to propose a meeting in Hungary for 2016. Except for this year the voting is traditionally done at the meeting and the majority decides. For 2015 we only had one proposal so we actually did not need to vote. Of course distance does not matter for me. I have been at a local meeting in Hungary this year and will attend another meeting in Slovakia but I can not force the majority of german Warriors make a long trip one of those countries. On the long term I would like to stick to a large "European" meeting but I think we will have several local meetings as well since the distance are so long the we will not get Warriors from all European countries together every year.
Warrior (9)
Warrior (9)
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Re: Future Meetings

Beitrag von Caledonian_Warrior »

I already mentioned those details on the RS forum Gerry.

taken from RS forum....

When I discussed my first trip to Lauenforde in 2010 with Tomba and Jammo, I thought "this is a must do experience for me". They had been to a Germany meeting the previous year.
Jarv, Spawn of Santa and InstinctUK must have thought the same......and then there were six of us for Lauenforde.
I drive 550 miles alone to meet them at London area each year and leave them in England to drive another 550 miles home alone, just like Milkman and Jarle does with their epic trips across Russia and beyond :-).
The cost for me on each trip is around 1000GBP except for the meeting in Surrey, UK.
The organising of these meetings and ride-outs for 30 + Warriors cannot be an easy task. My respect goes to Gerry T. Viking and others for past events and Quinti and Renni for the 2014 meeting. See you next year Quinti, we all missed you.
My only observation was the long ride-outs on the Saturday. After driving for 3 full days to arrive and having to drive home for another 3 full days it would have been cool to have a 3 or 4 hour ride-out instead of the 6 or 7 hours. By the time we arrive back at the hotel, get changed/dried, have a meal and start a beer, then the evening is almost over. it would be cool to start having a beer around mid afternoon in the sunshine ready for the party to start. Maybe that is how the Surrey meeting was such a success, in the evening with the games and banter, the rain cut the ride-out short.
As for the location, I don't mind too much where it is in Europe. This event started back in 2004 by the Germany crew and was mainly Germans who attended. It took another 5 years before other Nations joined in.
They chose Germany, Switzerland and the UK since then and I'm sure there will be other countries in the future to hold the meetings at.

I look forward to the next few meetings with one of the finest bunch of motorcycle owners on planet Earth.....no matter where the meetings are held (that I can make).

In the UK, we have had 2 Warrior local meetings, both at Tewkesbury, England.
The usual 5 or 6 Warriors who make the Germany meetings managed to do both Tewkesbury AND European meetings no problems.

Keep up the good work guys........looking forward to the Hamburg area meeting next year :D :D

Gav.
Antworten