Debate on principles (warrior meetings)

English forum for our friends who dont speak or write german.

Moderatoren: Andi, Krieger

Antworten
Harry
Warrior (7)
Warrior (7)
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Debate on principles (warrior meetings)

Beitrag von Harry »

This years meeting was criticized by a few people about how the decision was made where the next meeting will be held.
Zalama was raise to question if the european warrior meeting is really european due to the fact that these meetings were held pretty often in germany.
So in the german part of this forum there is a discussion about the last meeting and how we will handle this in the future.

Here are my 2 cents:

As measured by time only i think that the ride-out was a little too long. But I think in this case there were a few things that made this ride out longer than it should have been. Things such as the weather, a detour, crossing the Rhine by ferry twice, technical failures, a problem with the satnav and the loss of a small group.
I think Zal would like to have the meeting in a different country each year, but without having someone on site you can’t plan a meeting in this dimension.
A few of us were saying that they would make the participation of a meeting dependent on time, money and/or distance. So a few countries are out of the range for some of us.
The german supremacy is a problem for those from countries with lesser warrior riders. But there can’t be much more democracy like “1 rider = 1 vote”; except “one country = one vote”.
The fact that there was no room for us alone has been criticized too. I don’t have to seal myself off to have fun with my friends but if it comes to the “euro games” (like in Switzerland and England) an own area wouldn’t be bad at all.
All things considered I think we should keep the concept but we should translate the suggestion thread and put it in the English section so the not native german speaking can participate in the discussion. The ballot (if necessary) can be held at the meeting.
Greetz

Harry

Bild
Jarv
Warrior (9)
Warrior (9)

Re: Debate on principles (warrior meetings)

Beitrag von Jarv »

As I said on the other forum, I believe that circumstances beyond any control caused the ride to be extra long this time.
This did NOT mean that it was not enjoyable - It was great!
It WAS long - but hey... lessons can be learned to perhaps shorten the ride under certain weather conditions or after a delay or break down.
How could we ever have know that there was a "certain group of bikers" holding a meeting in the area which also caused a small problem - but everything worked out.

I guess everyone has their expectations of what will happen at one of the meetings. This year it was a little different.
BUT... BUT....BUT - We all agree we had a great time, we met our good friends again.... we all helped each other get though small problems... had a beer and a laugh.
I would have liked to have a chance to hear Gerry speak and for us to comment and thank the organisers. A group "meeting" is always fun.
My suggestion for the future that the ride should be one tank of fuel OR 4 hours maximum.
I have no complaint about where the location of the meetings are. I agree with Tom that Germany is a BIG place and we can visit many places without going to the
same place twice!
I think I can say that visiting different countries is nice - but is not a requirement for us (The Fellowship).

I hope this makes sense to you all.

jarv
. . . .
:fellow: :warrior: :fellow: :warrior: :fellow: :warrior: :fellow: :warrior: :fellow: :warrior: :fellow: :warrior: :fellow:
Deleted User 355

Beitrag von Deleted User 355 »

i agree with jarv and harry lol ....i will always enjoy the euro meeting ..i know that :D
Zalama
Warrior (4)
Warrior (4)

Beitrag von Zalama »

I think it's time for me to try to make this as clear as possible from where I am standing.

1) I think that those meetings that I have taken part in Germany have been successful. In UK they don't bother to inform the change's in schedule, other than that, loved it. Hated the morning after feeling... ;)
2) I love Germany and the folks I have come to know from there. I would love to visit those southern mountain parts again some day!
3) The distance for me nor anybody attending from Finland is never gonna be the subject in hand. We are used to ride long distance's and mark my word -> KM's isn't the problem.
4) If the we are going to talk among our self of a EUROPEAN Warriors, last time I checked it included even UK ;) and other countries.
5) True, no meeting is easy, practically impossible, to organize if there is nobody in that specific country to take the task of getting everything done and put together -> This part needs an open table for discussion and applications for next years possible location. No application, no possibility to go to that country -> Needs a make-it-happen-person from that country!
-This is the part that annoys me the most. It seems nobody is given a possibility to even say that they wanna organize, since the community in Germany is so big. I don't care if the meeting is in Italy, or in Gibraltar for that matter. All I want, that the "race" for the next years location is fair play, and those who want to give it a go, can do so. Only one application per country though.
6) If I would had my way, the event should not be in same country in following years. Controversy... If there is no other applications from anywhere else... Well, then it's Germany again I think. And again... I have nothing against Germany or the people living there, but I wanna have the choice of voting, the choice of picking some other location if there is... Who knows... I just might vote for Germany myself anyway.
7) The riders in Germany, and their sole opinion, should not be the main issue of choosing next years location. "...I would come but I dont think that other's will..." = Point on!
-Why is it, that the next years location gets to chosen by the members in the country that has the most riders?
I myself cant come to every meeting although I wish to do so, tough luck. Maybe next year then...
Why shouldn't that "law" apply to everybody else...? -Since they live in the "central" Europe they unanimously get to choose the next years location...?
I hope I'am not the only one who sees a bit of a distortion here.
8) THIS IS IMPORTANT! -I really love you all, and you have turned out to be a great punch of friends on- and offline! Wouldn't trade those memories and moments to anything, that's for sure!
And because of that, I see that it is my duty to inform you something that I see isn't right. I don't want to loose contact to any of you, but I just cant be silent about this matter anymore. That would be like lying to you all.
You may think after this rant that I'am a piece of shit who's rocking the boat too much and isn't grateful of what he has received and experienced - And you be wrong big time!
How else the things are going to change for the better for everybody if everybody keeps their mouth shut. And as you may have noticed... Being silent...Not my strongest suit.

All I want is to this all to evolve to a next level, bring in the open table of discussion, make the chapter-thinking happen, heck, there is already the Fellowship and The Alliance... Point a president for each country... Get the more countries involved... get more places to see... etc... There is a huge amount of strength in our midst, let's use it to get this community more open and EUROPEAN...

Peace.
Bild
hardrider
Warrior (12)
Warrior (12)

Beitrag von hardrider »

First of all, I think it's good discuss an reflect the modality of our annual Meetings after so many occacions. After all it's been the 10th Meeting in total and some very few of us participated to all of them … - congatz!

In fact we had a lot of discussions on- and offline about the Meetings (structure and preferences) , countries, locatins, etc..

I can just speak for myself. For me the annual meeting is one of THE highlights in my bikers life. As most of details were fine with me, I joned 8 meetings. In order to make this happen also in future this means compromises (with family, work etc,) every year regarding dates, distances, locations, etc.

I also belong to he kind of warriors, where km don’t matter, as „the path is the goal“ also. All in all the way we did it in past, was for me the perfect mix of a „successful event“.

For me highest priority for every meeting is, that I see AS MANY of my Warrior friends as possible. This necessarily means that the place need to be a little bit « central ». The reason why this can only be achieved by a central solution is quite obvious. BUT : no rule without exception. I think it did not take long, that Swtzerland and UK were considered to organize and be host for the meeting, no matter the fact that this was not « very » central.

I think a good solution to make it possible for everybody to join at least one (1) meeting is, to have de-centralized meetings also, like there is already in France Hungary, Slovakia, Portugal or where ever. I ‘d love to join other meetings also if possible. Decentralized meetings as an addition to the central one (so called European Warrior Meeting) is no contradiction, but normal developement as our community keep growing.

For me one point where I completely agree with my UK friends. I ‘d love to populate the location in full just by us Warriors. Everywhere we had that, it was just fantastic. The parking would be « ours », the bar would be « ours », the host would be « ours ». and we would not get mixed with too many other guests (don’t get me wrong. I love to talk to strangers, but I would rather use the short time to talk to my warrior friends a bit more) . Really, this is very small critisism, or let me better say, room for improvement ;-). Otherwise I am completely happy with the way it is and was.

One last thing. I also appreciated the voting session we had several times in the past during the meetings. We sticked to that practice for many years. Why we didn’t do it this time, I don’t know. But I am sure there was no bad intention. I would love to re-introduce this again next year. So everybody that joins the meeting can make suggestions and vote.
Gruss

Hardrider

Freiheit ist der Zwang sich ständig entscheiden zu müssen
Antworten