Warriormeeting 2012 (England)

English forum for our friends who dont speak or write german.

Moderatoren: Andi, Krieger

Antworten
Gerry
Warrior (17)
Warrior (17)
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Warriormeeting 2012 (England)

Beitrag von Gerry »

Posting from Tomba in RSWarriors.com

Dave [wizzy] and i just went to Hindhead in Surrey - the Devils Punch Bowl is an ancient landscape site on top of the hills their but now very quiet with the new 1.2 mile twin bore tunnel open on the A3 below - the venue is called the Devil's Punch Bowl Hotel - very clean rooms all ensuite - we looked [30 of them -family rooms ...twin rooms and double rooms] - rated 2 star but def going towards 3 star rating -
anyway good parking ..good food [we tried it ] - nice English feel to the place and the owner is willing to allow us to do our booking our way [half board as usual] - just discussed it with Jarv [who has volunteered to handle booking shortly] - Gav - Warrior Blue and the boys and at the moment it's our best looking venue by far - it's 108 miles [174 kms] from Dover with really great rolling hills ride out routes for us to play with
now i'd have got more info from everyone before posting here now -and it's got to be agreed by gerry and crew [as warrior euro chiefs] yet - but as wolfgang and the euro guys need some info now, i thought it best to say something now
this is not a tents type meeting guys ...it's been like this for a while now and it's just our turn to host the event in the uk [unanimous vote in Switzerland] and we were asked to make it about 100miles from the ferry - it wont cost more than say £40 each a night sharing a room including meals [good food ..full english etc] from friday 13th and saturday 14th nights leaving 15th july 2012 and their will be very late bar sessions as usual [some guys enjoyed some monumental bar bills in switzerland!!] -taking Lower Lode as a bench mark and adding the euro guys we are looking at 40 plus warriors in one place!!
we are having the ladies with us if they'd like to join in to keep Sarah company!...some of the German girls are attending for sure [you'll have seen pics of Birgit riding the warrior away the first year we went]
its been suggested by some more knowledgeable uk ladies that they might well prefer to go shopping on the Saturday in Guildford ...but the choices are wide open for the ride out day [what ever makes pips happy i say]...
the Devils Punch Bowl itself is an amazing sight and they are swallowing up the old country access road to the south by next year to have it form itself back into the scenery! -so the hotel will be the last property by the Bowl
we are working out ride out routes at present ...loads still to think about, but it is going to happen for sure - we'd like more locations if possible to consider but if no more are offered, then this will do very nicely
so guys start booking your holidays to include the weekend starting friday 13th july to monday 16th July 2012 to be in the middle of it - some of us will be arriving early for sure and some of the euro guys are staying on to tour
it's away from the Olympic venues and 2 weeks before they start, so that shouldn't be a problem for booking ferries - but best to start thinking about it now i'd say.
over and out - Tom [tomba]
Bild
Antworten